Thursday 16 June 2016

First post!

Hey, I am Maria, aged 21, living in London and am currently a student studying Physiotherapy. There isn't really much to say about me apart from I love my family and friends more than anything, I love to travel and I love to eat!
This isn't something I would normally do- talk so publicly about my feelings,  but I guess it's a good way to get things off my chest but also share my experiences and relate to other people in the same situation.
I've decided to blog about my diagnosis, thoughts and experiences of having Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease affecting my joints which I've now had for nearly 4 years. My main reason for doing so is to raise awareness about young people also being affected by this condition and to talk to people other than health professionals about the effects it can have on daily life.
This isn't going to be a depressing blog with me feeling sorry for myself in the slightest, most days I can forget I have this condition and live a 'normal' life. I am writing it to share the highs as well as the lows and just my general experiences. I feel ready to share this now after discovering that it is no good keeping things bottled up and even if people around don't understand what you're going through they can still help!
Enjoy!!xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to blog! I'm considerably older & decided to do the same thing; rastyleandflare.com Being positive and working towards a healthy life gets me through difficult times. Glad I found your site, & come visit mine! Be well! MaryAnn Mascena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for commenting and reading my blog. Great site from you too. Hope you are well xx

      Delete