Monday 27 March 2017

So I did it...

I successfully completed 1 month without alcohol yesterday and I honestly couldn't be prouder of myself.
As much as I enjoyed having a drink and toasting my amazing mum yesterday for mother's day, I also feel like I benefitted and learnt a lot from keeping away from alcohol for a bit.
The perks included:
- no hangovers
- saving money
- remembering evenings out with friends
- realising I can have fun without it at the      pub
- finding other ways to stress relief
- not having the whole "I made a fool out of myself" anxiety.
However, a few things did annoy me about it such as people telling me I wouldn't be able to do it, being asked if I'm sure I don't just want one drink and constant questions about why I'm doing it when I just want to peacefully drink my j2o.
Despite the challenges and temptations to have a drink, I feel good that I have done this sober month and would definitely recommend it as an opportunity to reflect and realise what you need to focus on.
Thanks to those who supported me, means the world... Here's a picture of me, back in my familiar territory

No comments:

Post a Comment