Thursday 2 March 2017

Happy Spring!



So, it's the start of my favourite season; a new month and the start of Spring. 
This month I have decided to give up alcohol, not for any particular reason but as more of a challenge to myself. For anyone who knows me well will know that I love a drink and would rarely turn down the opportunity to have a drink with my friends/family. Call me boring, doubt me, say what you like but I am taking on this challenge. 
The last few times I have gotten drunk, I have spent the next day trying to piece together the night and almost undoubtedly remember something stupid I did or said that night (nothing major to regret just silly things) and am left feeling like a tit with a horrible hangover. Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up alcohol forever and I am not going to judge those that are out getting drunk, but I feel that while I am poor, on placement and have better things to focus on, I don't feel it all that necessary to be going out and getting smashed on a weekend. 
Half way through this month I will probably be super stressed out and in need of a bottle of wine and a funny drunken night with my friends but I love to prove people wrong and aim to do so by giving up alcohol for the month. I dread to think how much of a lightweight I will be when I next have a drink, but look forward to feeling fresh every weekend and not having to go through the awful bank balance check the morning after a night out. 
So wish me luck or place bets on how long I will last, I don't mind. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment