Friday 26 May 2017

Reflecting

Image may contain: 21 people, people smiling, people standing



So my time at university has absolutely flown by as everyone said it would and I can't quite believe that after one more placement I will be heading out to work as a qualified physiotherapist. I have met some of the best people and have made unforgettable memories.
But as it is all coming to an end I can't help thinking of  how this journey definitely hasn't been plain-sailing. As well as learning how to be a physiotherapist, which is challenging enough at times, I had the mammoth task of learning how to deal with my RA whilst on placement and was forced to think about the implications it may have on my career. 
This time last year I was so ready to quit the course and completely rethink my career choice. I had just failed placement and couldn't see how I would ever be successful on this path. With support from family, friends and tutors at university, all of which I can't thank enough, I got my shit together and completely changed my attitude towards having this condition. Ignoring it and pretending everything is dandy is how I thought I was coping and I have now come to realise that is no way to deal with anything. 
I don't mean for this blog post to be a complete pity party as there is so many positive things to come out of my uni experience. I have come a long way since this time last year; I am well on board with practicing self-care and putting my self first and after having positive experiences and surrounding myself with great people I finally have belief in myself. Although I still need to work on it, I have grown to appreciate the value of  talking to someone about how I'm feeling. It isn't the easiest thing to do but you'll be surprised at the amount of people actually willing to listen to my random thoughts and rants. Blogging is great too, not just for venting but it has connected me with people in similar positions.
So I will just end this post by saying thanks to the wonderful people I've met at uni.
Peace out University of Brighton xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment